Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apple Picking in Steisel

I have to admit that here, in Luxembourg, we are experiencing true autumn.  We have falling temperatures and rain, and leaves are changing colors.  Many people are wearing hats and scarfs in the morning. 

With the fall, there are also other cool things we get to go, and one of them is picking apples.

So, this is about 30 pounds of apples that we picked within 15 min....  They are beautiful and delicious.

 

We took Nochka with us to the apple orchard (of course ;0).  She kept steering toward the apples that were laying on the ground.


This is Ashley holding Ian to get some big apples that people could not reach.

 
 Carolyn and I were trying to get apples on our eye level.
 
It was so much fun.  The funniest part is that my family prefers fresh apples, so despite my attempts to wow them with my deserts, they ended up just crunching on fresh apples.  Ashley took German Apple cake to work (was much appreciated).  I have also made some apple butter, and at this time I am making carrot-apple muffins.  I hope kids would like these.  I will keep you posted.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment