Sunday, February 19, 2012

Carnaval - Diekirch (aka Cavalcade)

We ventured up north again today.  Only the second time ewe have been to the northern sections of Luxembourg.  We went to one of the four largest communities in Luxembourg - Diekirch.  The town is known for being the location of one of the nation's most celebrated breweries, the General Paton National Museum, and the largest of Luxembourg's Carnval celebrations (Cavalcade).  The celebration is one massive parade.  Luckily this year the weather cooperated mostly.  We did have just a small burst of snow, but it only lasted a few moments. The parade is a real mix, everything from costumes like Halloween to more traditional Mardi Gras style masked partiers.  Below are some of the better pictures from the day.










And the Grand Finale....The john.

3 comments:

  1. Too many clowns man... too many... What's up with the devil people anyway? As for the toylet, just looks too clean. I think it's all a front for take over of the clown folk. Cant stand clowns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, what's up with the double password before I can post a comment? Its hard enough trying to figure one out let alone two creepy words... By the way, Ken said Hi. I'm back from FLA and I leave again next Monday for Arizona. Should be interesting as I am taking Steph for at least three of the five days. I'm tired of traveling but at least I've not been told I have to transfer yet. They just transfered four people in one week from Houston and Florida out of my team. Seems to be a trend. See you soon, keep the posts coming. - Uncle Joe.

    ReplyDelete