Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter... Luxembourg Style!



We thought it would be the most fitting to start this post with the pictures of the front of our apartment building and the foyer decor, all compliments of our neighbors.  They manage to decorate for every season and occasions.

First of all I want to mention that this year I truly missed our hood Easter Egg Hunt.  Seeing how much our kids and our friends' kids are growing it is hard to realize that some of those fun times will remain in the past.  Easter egg hunts are not really common here.  The churches are much more focused on the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ rather than on entertaining the community.  I hope you will see that comment as an observation not a judgement. 


The stores were full of Easter candies, I thought I would share some of those pics.  Yes, the first picture is featuring Easter eggs weighing 1kg (about 2 pounds).  I had to leave those on the shelf. 

We were invited to have Easter lunch by our new  friends we made here.  Her name is Stephanie, which makes me always think our our Stephanie, the major's wife and my dear friend.  They had organized a small Easter egg hunt, which was a nice surprise for our kids.  Also we have learned a new game to play with eggs.  This is a cool family game that we will be sharing with our friends upon our return.




2 comments:

  1. ah! I see you cuddling that baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, are you having another baby?? Easter in the Hood is not the same without you guys.

    ReplyDelete