Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A day at the farm

"This is the best day EVER!" those were Carolyn's words when I picked her up from school. She spend a whole day at the farm and loved every bit of it. First she summed up the grossest things that happened to her: she was sprayed by cow's milk, peed on by a baby goat, bit by a piglet, and slobbered by a calf. Other than those things the day was a BLAST! She went on to share about the tractor ride, baby chicks, poop, milking the cows, holding baby rabbit... I think she wants to move to the farm!

I thought I was really awesome that she had ths opportunity to see a real farm with all it's smells and cuddly things. Too bad there are no pictures to share. I did consider to give her a camera for the trip...but I am not sure for the camera safety after us listening to some of Carolyn's stories.

The trip was organized by Carolyn's school, so she went with her classmates, parents were not allowed. I find this school policy very discouraging: no parent volunteers allowed (or wanted). When we were planning to come here, I was really excited by the opportunity to volunteer in my kid's schools. Oh, well. She had a great day, that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment